Phone Icon (855) 281-3385

Contact Us Today

Woman Outside of a University

Educational Benefits for Veterans & Families

Did you know that the government will help pay for your higher education? In addition to supporting blinded veterans, the government offers the Dependents Educational Assistance Program, which provides spouses and children with monthly stipends for school and training.

We've taken the time to compile information about how to apply, who is eligible, and what you are entitled to. For an in-depth look at educational benefits for veterans and their spouses, check out Section 4 of our Spouses' Guide.

Educational Support for Spouses

Spouses of veterans are eligible to receive financial support to attend:

  • High School
  • College
  • Junior College
  • Traditional School
  • Professional School
  • Technical Institutes
  • Other Secondary School-Level Institutions
  • Remedial or Refresher Training
  • Apprenticeship Programs
  • On-the-Job Training
  • Apprenticeship & Farm Cooperative Training
Woman In a College Library

How It Works

The person attending full-time college receives a monthly stipend. Additionally, they are able to concurrently draw DIC and other forms of compensation and pension. This significantly increases the available dollar amounts.

Please note that a person cannot simply decide to attend college and use these benefits. First, they must make an appointment with RO to establish eligibility and present an education plan. The best approach is to make contact with RO early and go through the steps of developing and approving an education plan.


BVA Auxiliary is proud to have offered the Renee Feldman Scholarships for more than 30 years. Two of these awards are for $1,000, and the third is for $2,000. Contact us today to receive the application forms for these scholarships. We wish you the best of luck.

Apply Now